Sunday, June 23, 2013

Close to home


We still are waiting for rain.  We are still at about ¾” for the year.  Thankfully the local fires to the north are slowing and even stopping their growth.  Multiple fires to the south on the other hand are still growing.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

As of tomorrow the Santa Fe National Forest closes until substantial rains appear.  If I want to go hiking I will have to drive 3 – 4 hours north.  Who knows when those forests may be closing. 
 


So I am photographing close to home, my back yard, in fact.  I sat out a couple evenings last week zeroed in on a couple of flowers out of many the honey bees were visiting but they never stopped at the particular flowers I was focused on.  All I got was a sore butt from sitting on the driveway for 45 minutes.

Yesterday I saw that my daylilies were in full bloom so I took advantage of photographing them.  These are all close-up images I made with my macro lens.   Enjoy.


Thank you for stopping by,

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment