Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Groucho





Meet Groucho, my latest needle felted creation. He’s 3 ½” long from nose to rump and 2” tall at the shoulder. By looking at his face you can see why I named him Groucho. He has a full wire armature so all four legs, his tail and his head can be posed. I was starting with a cat in mind but when he showed up he looked more like a dog.

I’m getting quite a family of animals together for the Doll and Bear show on the 14th. A few bears, cats, a dog an owl and a few other critters.

I also had a wisdom tooth pulled today. I won’t include a photo of the tooth. The painful part was getting the shots to numb the area. I felt the tooth came out fairly easy, at least in my estimation. I did get a bit queasy as my head was being pulled back and forth from one side to the other as he was working on it. It wasn’t the actual extraction that made me queasy, it was thinking about what he was doing. I made sure to keep my eyes closed so I didn’t see tools he was using to remove the tooth. After seeing the tooth I’m surprised it came out so easy.

Thank you for stopping by.
Mark

3 comments:

  1. Groucho is so cool. Not cute, just cool!

    I know what you mean about keeping your eyes closed. My dentist has a mirror on the ceiling. Is he NUTS?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely a Groucho, but very cute. yes cute. I tend to like the odd... :)
    ewwww about the tooth. How's Sue's foot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my mind dentist and mirrors on the ceiling just do not go together!

    Sue went in for appt. 1, everything looks good. Next week we go for appt. 2. We'll see where we go from there.

    ReplyDelete