Friday, October 23, 2009

Owl sighting!




Yes, believe it or not there was an owl sighting in my back yard. He is so tame I could go right up to him and take his photo! :-)

This is my latest needle felted creation. He’s 6 ½” tall with wires in his feet so the claws can be bent around different objects. It worked quite well in my maple tree. Now I plan on going out into the mountains to find a piece of wood to have him cling to for the show next month. I basically copied the idea from “Animal Felt” by
Birgitte Krag Hansen a Danish needle felter.

On to my next project.

Thank you for stopping by.




Mark

3 comments:

  1. Looking at the pic taken in the shadow, your owl looks live. Whats next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE this owl! Do you ever hear owls down there? I hear them all the time. very very cool. Hey, hope Sue has good luck with her surgery today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was happy with the way he turned out. I will needle him in a few spots here and there and he will be ready.

    I went out into the mountains and found a couple dried pieces of cholla cactus so my owl has something to grab on to when he goes to the show.

    No owls here unless you're in the mountains. I'm probably going back to cats and bears. I have the doll and bear show coming up in November and want to have a few traditional pieces. After that it's whatever hits me.

    ReplyDelete