Saturday, October 3, 2009

It felt good

I finally got back to needle felting after my trip planning, travelling, blog writing and slide show producing. I don’t remember working so hard after going on a trip before.



I’ve also been surfing the web way too much lately, so I decided to start with a needle felting project and as I got further along creating I really enjoyed it more and more. I had lots of bear photos from my trip so I had good models to work from. I haven’t decided on a name yet. We’ve named all my mohair bears in the past so I guess I will keep up the tradition. He’s 7” long from tail to nose and stands about 4” tall. He’s modeling with the spool of thread for scale.






I have sent a check off for exhibiting in the next doll and bear show here in Albuquerque in November so I think I will be making needle felted animals for a bit to see how they do at the show.


Thank you for stopping by.


Mark

3 comments:

  1. He is perfection! Look at that face. So much expression. He definitely has character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your input. Once I started I just wanted to keep on with him until I finished.

    Now for my next idea.

    Carol, I finally stopped at your blog, you certainly have a lot of stuff going on.

    ReplyDelete