Thursday, January 3, 2013

My favorite 12 (part 2)

As promised here's the remaining 6 images of my favorite 12 for 2012.

I have promised myself to get out more to use my camera to shoot more and different images.  So far I have been on a couple longer hikes in support of that promise.  This one is from a late Novemebr hike along the Rio Cebolla.  It was below freezing when we started warming up to the 50's by lunch.  Because it has been fairly warm this fall there was spotty ice along the stream banks.  I had to really crop the image so the ice becomes a small potion of the image.  There is a lot of unresolvable detail in the ice that detracts from the original image.  A tripod really helps with placing and keeping the camera still for this image.

This was taken in Vancouver BC in the area of English Bay looking west.  This is a fairly classic composition with the horizon placed at a 1/3 position horizontally and the couple at one of the 1/3 positions vertically.  The image is somewhat underexposed enhancing the feeling of the sunset.
I like the following two image because of the selective lighting on the leaves.












The last two images were taken on two different hikes.  The lake image was taken in the Pecos Wilderness this past fall.  The sunset-peak image was taken around the Gilman tunnels in the Jemez Mountains.









I hope you enjoyed my 12 favorite images of 2012.

Thank you for stopping by,
Mark

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I had Photoshop on my old computer and never messed with it much, Samantha used it more than I did. I think my new camera has more than enough gadgets on it to keep me entertained for awhile, I hope you keep posting pics and thoughts on photography. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to keep up. It's been quite cold (for us), waking up to the low teens and highs in the 30's for the past week. So I haven't been up and out for any hiking with the weather as it has been.

      Delete