Friday, February 6, 2009

The unveiling

The time has come for the unveiling of my latest creation. I promised that I would have him finished by this Sunday. He gets formally introduced to his new owner on Valentines Day. First you can see a photo of the real cat.
I got overall impressions so I had an idea of what he looks like. But I had to email my friend to find out what color eyes he has so I would at least get the eyes close. You saw those in my last post. And here he is.

I would have named him but I think his new family can have that job. He’s 14” long from his rump to his nose and has a 7” long tail, not quite full-size, but close. I put floral wire in each of his legs and tail so he is posable. You may have noticed slight differences in his position between the photos.
The really neat thing is he doesn’t eat so there’s no need for a litter box, he doesn’t bring in mouse presents, doesn’t get you up in the middle of the night to go outside, and he doesn’t claw the furniture :-) On the bad side you won’t hear him purr or wrap himself around your legs.



As you can see here there is already a potential discussion between our Babee and this new kid on the block .

Thank you for following along. I hope to get some photos of the happy family.

Mark

5 comments:

  1. OMG Mark, he turned out so cute! Obviously Babee is not so happy with this guy, huh?
    As you can see, I rid the blog of that long comment by Armageddon or whomever decided to grace the blog with their rambling. You now get to approve all comments before they are posted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and just looking at the "live" kitty here, wow, does he look like Mitts, my first cat, or what! WOW! Hopefully a better disposition...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now we want to hear how he was received by his new owner... If not overwhelmingly satisfied, tell the person you know someone else who would be! Of course, that would be ME! Robin A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow... this is awesome! I absolutely LOVE that last shot of the other cat looking at him.

    Been following your blog for a bit now (thanks to Pam) and really love your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to thank everyone for the positive words on my kitty. I have found out some things about him... His name is Mulder. I won't hear if he's welcomed into his new house until next weekend. He made a trip to CO for Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete