Saturday, January 31, 2009

Cat continuation

Hello everyone. I have been working on the black cat seen in my last post. He’s coming together and is now all black. I joined his back legs and tail to his body.
Today I got his glass eyes in the mail. They started out clear and I’m painting them yellow as requested. I stopped at Michael’s Craft store to buy some pebeo – porcelaine 150 paint. You can see how the eyes started and what they look like now. In addition to the yellow on the outer portion of the iris the center of the iris next to the pupil has a few gold spots. Now I have to wait 24 hours for the paint to cure then put it in an oven for 35 minutes to finish the paint.

Since I have to wait for the paint to dry I will go back to my mohair bears. I have 4 in waiting.

Thank you for stopping by.

Mark

5 comments:

  1. Your attention to detail and clever solution to needing yellow eyes is quite admirable! Hope to see finished beastie soon!

    Robin A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor kitty with no head... there's something so WRONG with this pic! LOL...
    Blog looks great, Mark....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I had to come over here and see who Mark is. Any brother of Pam's is a friend of mine!

    Mark, your bears and other critters are fantastic. Please keep posting and show your work. If you can't type, the do have a gismo you can download...you talk and the puter types. My daughter loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello all,

    Yippee I can finally post a comment! My frustration factor was very high for the past three days! I could not make IE6 take my comments, it would start then go into never-never land and finally come up with an error message. I finally installed the Firefox web browser and the comments work. I hope all the other parts of the blog still work as well.

    Thank you for all the compliments. I usually work off on my own with little input from others.

    I am further along on my cat and actually I have to finish him by Saturday night at the latest since he is going off to his new family on Sunday.

    Thank you for stopping by.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Success for Mark! Now you can actually start working on art again rather than being frustrated by THIS situation! :)

    ReplyDelete