Wednesday, January 21, 2009

First post

This blog is created by me and hoping that it will spur Mark on to start uploading his art.

Mark is my brother. We grew up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and then Mark married, got a great job and relocated to a warmer part of the U.S. - New Mexico. I could go on more about his history, but if he wants to share, he will have to tell his story.

Mark is an incredibly talented guy and over the years I have watched him quilt, take sewing lessons, tat, do flower printing/painting, and now bears and other critters.
At first he started making these mohair bears, like Buddy, in the pic. I was lucky enough to receive Buddy as a cancer "buddy" while I am undergoing treatments for breast cancer. Mark doesn't care for Buddy's pink bow, but I plan on making something more manly to adorn his neck.

Anyway, now Mark is into needle felting and from what I have seen, he's pretty incredible at that too. We plan to get more pics on this blog (right Mark?) and some pics of how he does his incredibly cute bears and crafts.

I'm pam. I'm five years younger than Mark :) and live in a little tourist town in Three Lakes, Wisconsin, way up north. I'm a medical transcriptionist for over 23 years, I'm married to my adored and loving husband for 21 years (tomorrow!) and we have one daughter, who is 15, and she is turning out to be an incredibly talented girl too, and loves drawing.

As for me, I am not quite so dedicated to one thing at a time, unfortunately and don't much follow through on becoming really good at something before I lose interest and go onto the next! LOL! I like beading and jewelry, and here's one of my creations that is for sale at the moment at Rainy Day Cottage in 3 Lakes, Wisconsin.



I like to experiment with paper, beads, fibers, thread, sewing (though not expert whatsoever!!!), paint, pens, pencils.... I would love to learn to paint but someone said that needs practice. LOL.



Right now, my friend and I are experimenting with headbands and

barrettes that are embellished and can be worn over scarves and/or turbans to cover one's head while one is bald from cancer treatments. I plan on putting lots of pics on here for that.

Here's an example of one of the barrettes, it can be clipped on to the knotted part of a scarf. And, actually, if you have a really thick head of glorious hair, could be used as a nice embellishment for tying it back.

so that's who we are and what we do. Watch here for updates!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogging, Mark! I look forward to seeing more of your work. My brother, like you, sews, beads, crochets... not much he doesn't do. And we, like you and Pam, have a solid relationship enhanced by our mutual love of needles, art and crafts. Buddy is, I'm sure, a great friend to Pam right now!

    Pam, thanks for starting this... Your first barrette is stunning! I hope you'll enjoy wearing many such beautiful adornments. If you can't have hair, at least you can have beads on your head!

    Hope to see lots of brother/sister posts here! Robin A.

    ReplyDelete