Saturday, January 31, 2009

some headgear

Hi everyone. just including some pics of different headgear... I will take some better shots and close ups of the actual bead work too, kinda hard to see on some of these.

The green one is with 3 small posy pins from that same Bead & Button mag mentioned in a previous blog. I just used different beads and made them smaller. Already lots of compliments on this!



The pink hat was a Christmas gift from my bestest friend, Julie. She and Sam beaded the flowers, which Julie actually got the flowers from Knot Just Beads in Milwaukee, and then they embellished them with seed beads...


These 2 headbands were made by Julie too...
Sam thinks they make me look like a hippie, but I think they are cute. One is braided fibers with beads on the ends that I can just tie in a knot behind my head or wherever, (not tightly around my neck!)

and the green/gray one is beaded on leather

with fibers and is more of a headband as it has elastic in the back that can stretch to fit around my head/scarf/hat....

It has beads (of course) of all sorts embellishing the tassels...


And here are my absolute favorites:


The flower barette I posted before, but shown here attached to a scarf on my head...

I have to revise the knot-tying of the scarf a bit...



And here is an EYEBALL barrette and it is the most awesome barette I have ever seen. I love the unusual and have been eyeing (LOL!) up these eyeball cabachons for AGES.... Julie finally purchased one from her bead-maker friend Robert Jennick (who makes gorgeous glass beads and has most of his beads at Knot Just Beads in Milwaukee) and laborously created this barette for me.


Is it spectacular or just creepy? Sam finds it a wee bit creepy but all I can imagine is people seeing me from behind and feeling like they are being watched!!! LOL... what fun I'm gonna have with this one! Here's a closeup...




1 comment:

  1. This is all so very positive!!! Protective eyes are nearly ubiquitous in primitive cultures throughout the ages... Eyes are thought to see evil, tragedy, bad ju-ju or anything not good heading your way and ward it off. So be it! Consider yourself protected!

    Love this blog!

    Robin A.

    ReplyDelete